By Gerard Braud, CSP, Fellow IEC
Please share your opinion. Is the NFL brand in crisis with their customers? Share your answers either here on this blog, watch the video here and comment on The BraudCast YouTube Channel, or Tweet your thoughts to us @gbraud.
In the past two weeks we’ve seen a variety of controversies and issues:
1) The no-call double penalty against my beloved New Orleans Saints during the NFC playoff game.
2) Potential halftime performers were chased away by people who thought performing was an affront to Collin Kaepernick.
3) Those who did perform were criticized by those who support Collin Kaepernick.
4) Roger Goodell failed to talk to the media about the blown call in the Saints game until he was forced to at the pre-Super Bowl news conference.
5) Fans were critical of the game score and lack of excitement.
6) Fans were critical of the halftime show.
7) Fans were critical of the ads.
8) Saints fans boycotted watching television to affect the ratings, while attending their own Boycott Bowl parties.
9) Roger Goodell was booed by fans during the Super Bowl trophy presentation.
So, is the NFL facing a crisis? Is the NFL brand in crisis? Is the NFL facing customer volatility and failing to recognize the potential damage to their reputation and revenue?
Tell us what you think.
This question is one of a series of debates in the media relations, crisis communications, public relations, and social media industries where you and your colleagues can share observations with each other. Yes, YOU are invited to share your bite size bits of best practices. Here is how:
Step 1: Subscribe to The BraudCast on YouTube
Step 2: You will see a short video that poses a new question every Monday. You then post your best practices and observations on The BraudCast YouTube channel.
3: Once your opinion is shared, you can follow the discussion online so you can compare your best practices to those of your professional colleagues.
Step 4: Watch the Follow up Friday Video where you will see a short YouTube video outlining some of the most interesting observations. Yes…your comments may actually show up on our BraudCast video, bringing you world-wide fame, fortune, a big raise, glory, street parades, and more.
Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge. Please take 2 seconds now to subscribe to The BraudCast.